EASY II, The Next Generation of Dassault’s Advanced Flight Deck
The latest generation of our award-winning EASy avionics suite represents a major upgrade. Based on improvements in technologies, as well as feedback from operators, it now includes new features and options to further enhance situational awareness, safety and efficiency.
Falcon’s EASy avionics suite is the most advanced flight deck system in civil aviation today. And EASy II adds yet more features and functionality to meet the safety needs of tomorrow’s pilots.
The EASy concept was developed through our military heritage and experience to deliver a highly intuitive and performance-enhancing flight environment.
Based on the Honeywell Primus EPIC platform, EASy allows pilots to make ‘heads up’ data entry using a Cursor Control Device (CCD) and menu-driven selections. This CCD gives an unprecedented ease of use for the pilots in all situations.
A more effective work environnement
By limiting the time spent entering data into a flight management system and with the common workspace allowing the crew to better work as a team, EASy enhances accuracy.
EASy provides these key flight benefits:
- Intuitive man-machine interface
- Improved crew co-ordination
- Enhanced situational awareness
- Reduced pilot workload
- Pilots and team stay informed at all times
The benefits of fighter jet technologies
The Falcon 7X is the first business jet with a Digital Flight Control System. This system provides precise flight path control, automatic trim adjustments during configuration changes, and basic autopilot functions through the cockpit’s side-stick controller for setting heading and attitude.
Digital Flight Control System
Dassault is an expert in fly-by-wire technology. A good example of this is the Falcon 7X Digital Flight Control System – the first of its kind in business aviation.
Synthetic Vision System
Now you can see your exact position – and your exact situation – even when you’re in an instruments position at an unfamiliar destination.
Falcon Synthetic Vision System (SVS) creates a realistic image of your surrounding terrain in simulated daylight VFR conditions, using HUD symbology and the most advanced 3D terrain simulations.
A major breakthrough exclusive to EASy II is the symbology between the heads-up and heads-down displays.
Harmonizing this display means that whether you’re looking up or down, you will see the same layout, the same icons and the same image.
This unique Falcon feature can prove vital, especially in tight situations.
Enhanced navigation package
Another major advantage is a package of technologies on the leading edge of navigational capabilities. These include:
- WAAS/LPV GPS guidance to provide horizontal and vertical guidance down to 200ft, near CAT I minima, so you use non-ILS runways with greater safety margins
- RNP/SAAAR for a more direct approach, giving you access to more airports and airspace and so allowing you to fly shorter routes, saving time and fuel
- XM® Weather, using NexRad satellite imagery, gives you NexRad Weather, Winds Aloft, Storm Tops, and Lightning and Clear Air Turbulence. Pilots can readily plan, in flight, for flight deviations to avoid challenging weather
- Automatic Descent Mode activates in the event of cabin depressurization at high altitudes. The aircraft will automatically descend to 15,000ft where there is sufficient oxygen for crew recovery
- Runway Awareness Advisory System (RAAS) which gives you voice alerts to enhance awareness on the runway and in the air, and confirms your airport position
In addition to these options, EASy II also includes CPDLC with FANS 1A, Paperless Charts, Full TOGA Mode, improved FMS, Second Electronic Checklist and much more.
Enhanced Vision System During Flight
Falcon’s fully integrated Enhanced Vision System (EVS) significantly improves situational awareness.
Not only during takeoff, approach and landing, but also during ground maneuvering at busy airports.
Seeing more when you need to
Falcon’s fully integrated Enhanced Vision System (EVS) provides an image on the Head-up Guidance System (HGS) and on flight deck displays.
This helps you to see the terrain and airport environment in low-visibility situations such as fog, haze and at night. In addition, the Falcon EVS uses LCD HUD technology offers features not available on other systems. For example, a better, brighter video presentation with a unique two-mode setting optimizes the video for either an approach configuration or a general-purpose configuration.
The system also takes advantage of special InfraRed video processing developed specifically to minimize artifacts and distortion.